Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Brilliance can be found in the most common things or places.


Brilliance can be found in the most common things or places, it all depends on if you take the time to see it.
I used to live on John Street right between Gold Street and Pearl Street. Any time I came back down town when not using the subway in the afternoon especially in the summer. There was something magical about how the light reflected off the water from the clouds which created this amazing prism on, under and over the Brooklyn Bridge. It was this brilliance that opened my eyes wider developing an appreciation for moment to moment.
This was my goal when I painted my interpretation of the Brooklyn Bridge 7 months after 9/11 when everyone still was still blind. recovering and picking up the pieces.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home